Thank you for using our products and services! For us, your privacy is essential. We respect your concerns and appreciate your trust.
For the purposes of data protection laws, Smash Mountain, is the “data controller” of your personal information The app is free to play, and in order to maintain the high quality and great user experience we process information from and about you in particular to improve the entire experience in the apps and to support our internal operations.
- Which data we collect and how we collect it;
- Purpose of collection;
- How we use that information;
- Legal bases for use of your information;
- How we share and disclose your information;
- Data subject rights and your choices;
- Children’s privacy;
- How long we keep your information;
- Security Measures;
- How to contact us.
WHICH DATA WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
The information we collect about you falls into two categories: information you provide directly to us, and information we collect automatically.
1. Information about You That You Share with Us Directly
a. Account and Profile Information
Some apps or parts of our Services use a registration or account set-up process where you will be asked to give us certain information, including:
- your age or birthday;
- your first and last names;
- your email address;
- a password; and
- other information so we can authenticate you or so we can improve our services.
We may also let you create a player profile, separate from your social networking site profile that other players can see. Your player profile will include the following information you provide us:
- a profile photo
- a username(s);
- your gender;
- biographic details (like your age or age range); and
- the approximate location that you provide.
If you create a player profile, we will automatically collect certain information, including:
- if you sign in through or link your social media profile;
- information associated with your profiles on that social network;
- details about the apps you play;
- a player ID number and used to identify your profile.
Certain apps allow certain information in your player profile to be publicly accessible, including:
- Your player ID;
- Your first and last names; and
- Your player profile pictures.
b. Information about your contacts
Certain of our Services give you the ability to import your address book contacts, including names, e-mail addresses, and social media handles, if available, or manually enter them so that you can find your contacts on Smash Mountain. You are responsible for obtaining your contacts’ permission when you choose to provide their contact information to us. We use and may store any or all of this contact information to enable you and your contacts to connect through all of our Services. If you want to remove the contacts stored in our apps or Services, follow the instructions provided in the particular app or Service to request that we remove them from our systems for that app or Service. If you have provided us your contacts in multiple apps or Services and want to remove those contacts from all apps and Services, you will need to take this step in each app or Service.
c. Customer Support
When you contact our Customer Support team, we will collect and store the contact information you give them (generally, your name and email address), information about your game play or activity on our Services and your social network ID number. We will also store the communications you have with the Customer Service team and any information in those communications in order to provide support.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
a. Information From Social Networks
If you play our app using a social network (such as Facebook),we automatically receive certain information about you from the social network depending upon your privacy settings on that social network. Smash Mountain will automatically collect and store some or all of the following information provided by the social network:
- Your first and last name;
- Your profile picture or its URL;
- Your social network ID number, which is linked to publicly-available information like your name and profile photo;
- Public data for your friends (including their social network ID numbers);
- Information from friends who have also linked their social media account with our
- The login e-mail you provided to that social network when you registered with it;
- The location of the devices you use to access our Services;
- Your gender;
- Your exact age and/or age range;
- Other publicly-available information on the social network; and/or
- Any other information that you or the social networks share with us.
If you are unclear about what information a social network is sharing with us, please go to the social networks where you play our apps to find out more about their privacy settings.
b. Information from your mobile device
If you play our app or access our other Services on your mobile device, in addition to your device identifiers, we may also automatically collect:
- the name you have associated with your device;
- your country; and
- information about FGFF apps you have on your device.
Sometimes, we (or our service providers) may use the information we collect — for instance, usernames, IP addresses and unique mobile device identifiers or other IDs (like social network ID) — to locate or try to locate the same unique users across multiple browsers or devices (such as smartphones and tablets), or work with providers that do this, in order to better tailor content and features and provide you with a seamless experience across devices. If you wish to opt out of cross device tracking for purposes of interest-based advertising, you may do so through your Android or Apple device-based settings.
PURPOSE OF COLLECTION
The data collected by our app are used to:
- Identify users when participating in games and services offered by the company, including advertising Ids;
- Ensure the operation and management of games;
- Performance of classifications and subclassifications;
- Assistance and support to users;
- User subscription for specific services;
- Sending information about services, news and, if necessary, those of the application’s partners;
- Creating statistics about the game and sending push notifications;
The collected data can also be used for the following purposes:
- Security of your company data and services: certain data (including IP address, connection dates and times, services used and content downloaded or accessed) is maintained to allow the company to guarantee the security of services and, in particular, detect or avoid fraud or potentially illegal activitie;
- Audience measurement: the app and its technical service providers can measure the audience of the various contents and sections to better evaluate and organize them. These third parties are in compliance with this regulation and have access to your data only for the purposes described above.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We, or our service providers, primarily use the information we collect and store to improve the experience for our users, but we will also use that information for other purposes, including:
- To operate, improve and optimize our Services and our players’ experiences;
- To create player accounts or profiles and to enable you to play our apps;
- To find and recommend other FGFF players to you;
- To personalize our Services for you;
- To enable players to communicate with each other;
- To provide technical support and respond to player inquiries;
- To protect the safety and well-being of our players;
- To protect FGFF ‘s rights and property in connection with our Services;
- To prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities;
- To enforce our Terms of Service;
- To manage and deliver contextual and behavioral advertising;
- To notify players of in-app updates, new products or promotional offers;
- To administer rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- To comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes we may have with you or other players, and to enforce our agreements with third parties; and
- To conduct research.
If you provide your email address to Smash Mountain, we will use it to respond to your customer support inquiries, inform you about in-app activity, including comments from friends and in-app status updates and upgrades. Some messages, such as invitations to friends to play an app, may include your name and profile photo. We may also send promotional e-mail messages and promotional SMS messages (e.g. text messages) (“Promotional Communications”) directly or in partnership with other parties, in accordance with your marketing preferences. Each Promotional Communication will offer you choices about receiving further messages.
We may aggregate and/or anonymize any information collected through the Services so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device (“Aggregate/Anonymous Information”). We may use Aggregate/Anonymous Information for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes, and may also disclose or publish such data for industry analysis, demographic profiling, marketing, analytics, and advertising, and other business purposes.
- obtained your prior consent;
- to perform contract obligations;
- for our legitimate interests for example, to provide security for our websites, products, software, or applications; to operate our business and our Services; to make and receive payments; to comply with legal requirements and defend our legal rights; to prevent fraud and to know the customer to whom we are providing Services.
HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- Process the data according to the application’s instructions;
- Guarantee your data confidentiality and security.
Smash Mountain may also disclose/transfer your personal data to third parties in the following specific circumstances:
- By law, in the context of legal proceedings, litigation and / or a request from public authorities in your country of residence or another;
- If disclosure is necessary for national security, law enforcement or other matters of public interest;
- In case of restructuring, transfer, merger or sale to third parties concerned;
- Data Subject Rights and Your Choices;
- Right to access your data: You have the right to obtain confirmation that your personal data is being processed or not and, where applicable, the right to obtain access to that data. This right also includes the right to obtain a copy of the data being processed;
- Right to request rectification or updating of your data: You have the right to request that your data be rectified, updated or supplemented when they are inaccurate, erroneous, incomplete or obsolete;
- Right to request the deletion of your data: You have the right to request the deletion of your data only for the reasons provided for in the applicable regulations and, in particular, when:
- Data is no longer needed with regard to the purposes for which it was collected or processed;
- You withdraw the consent on which processing is based and there is no other legal basis for processing;
- You are opposed to processing and there is no compelling legitimate reason for processing;
- You consider that your data has been subject to illegal processing;
- Your data must be erased to fulfill a legal obligation.
- Right to limit access to your data: You have the right to obtain from the controller the limitation on the use of your data only for the reasons provided for in the applicable regulations and, in particular, when:
- You challenge the accuracy of the data about you;
- You consider the processing to be illegal and oppose the deletion of your data;
- You still need the data to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, even if the application no longer needs them.
- Right to object to the processing of data, withdrawing your consent: We will stop the activity to which you previously consented, unless we consider that an alternative legal basis allows us to continue processing, a circumstance which will be duly informed, if necessary.
- Right to request the portability of your data: you have the right to retrieve the data you provided to Smash Mountain, in a structured format, commonly used and readable by software, and the right to transmit that data to another controller, for example, to be able to change your service provider.
We will consider all requests and provide our response within the time period stated by applicable law. Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances, which may include if we need to keep processing your information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to your request.
If you no longer want our app to use your information, contact us at https://smashmountain.com/contact/. Place “Delete My Account” in the subject line and include your first name, last name, e-mail address and your social network ID for the social network from which you access our Services (if applicable) in the body of the e-mail (for example, your Facebook user ID). We will respond to your request within the time period stated by applicable law. If you make such a request, you may no longer be able to play such app or use our Services.
If applicable, you may also make a complaint to the data protection supervisory authority in the country where you are based. Alternatively you may seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached.
Our websites and apps are not for children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have inadvertently gathered personal information from a child under 13, we will take reasonable measures to promptly remove that information from our records. We also comply with other age restrictions and requirements in accordance with applicable local laws.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
The company retains your personal data for the only period necessary for the purposes described above. The company keeps data related to your account until you delete it. In addition to this period, the data can be anonymized and maintained for statistical purposes only and will not give rise to any exploitation of any kind.
We have implemented all necessary security measures to prevent, as far as possible, any alteration or loss of your data or unauthorized access to them.
If we become aware of illegal access to personal data relating to you and correspond to processing for which we are responsible, we undertake to notify you of the incident as soon as possible, if this meets a legal requirement.